Hey there graduates of Ponteland High School and beyond!
Are you excited with your prom night just around the corner?
Of course you are. We know you will be already planning to be ready for your big day.
We can imagine you might be feeling a bit anxious too?
Well, we’ve got you covered with some genuine tips to help you feel super confident and ‘prom-ready’ for the big day…
Hair and Beauty Tips for High School Prom
Obviously, finding the perfect outfit is just the beginning.
We know there is so much more to think about than just what to wear.
To look and feel your best on prom night, you probably feel like you need to get your hair, and makeup on point. So as we are also local, and pretty much experts in these departments, we thought we should share some good honest and professional tips to help you out:
- Please plan ahead if you aren’t already: Don’t wait until the last minute to decide on your hair and makeup, that’s just looking for trouble, we know from experience! You want to have fun, relax and not stress. Start now, looking for inspiration and ideas in advance, so that you have plenty of time to experiment and try out different looks.
- Book a professional: If you’re not as confident with doing your own hair and makeup, consider booking a professional. They’ll be able to create a look that complements your outfit and makes you feel beautiful and confident.
WE CAN HELP YOU WITH YOUR HAIR! <–Click here
(Sorry we no longer do makeup though)
- Ideas and inspiration: Bring inspiration photos to show your stylist and makeup artist what you’re looking for.
- Practice makes perfect: Whatever you decide to do with your hair and makeup, make sure you practice beforehand. This way, you’ll know exactly what you’re doing on prom night and avoid any last-minute disasters.
You could do a trial run before prom night to make sure you’re happy with the final look.
- Keep it natural: Remember, less is more when it comes to makeup. Stick to a natural look that enhances your features, rather than covering them up.
Don’t forget your skin care!
- Start preparing your skin well in advance by drinking plenty of water and eating a healthy diet.
- Exfoliate your skin once or twice a week to get rid of dead skin cells and reveal a glowing complexion.
- Moisturise your skin daily to keep it hydrated and prevent dryness.
- Consider booking a facial a few weeks before prom night to give your skin a boost.
High School Prom Survival Tips
Prom night can be a long and tiring event, so it’s important to be prepared. Risking sounding like your parents, here are some genuine tips to help you survive the night:
Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water throughout the night to stay hydrated and refreshed.
Pack essentials: Bring touch-up makeup, moisturiser, hairpins, and a mini perfume or deodorant to keep you looking and feeling your best.
Take breaks: Take breaks throughout the night to rest and recharge.
Have fun: Remember, prom night is all about having fun and making memories with your friends. Don’t stress too much about getting everything perfect.
MEGA TIP: You might want to share this post with your parents
Graduation Gift Ideas
Parents, graduation and the High School Prom, is a big milestone in any young persons life, especially when leaving high school, and it’s important to celebrate it in style. If you’re looking for some graduation gift ideas for your daughter or that special son in your life, here are some options:
Jewellery: A beautiful piece of jewellery, like a watch, necklace or bracelet, is a timeless and thoughtful gift that they can cherish for years to come.
Gift card: Let them choose her own gift with a gift card to their favourite store or restaurant.
(Maybe a PHB Gift Card, you can ask in the Salon!)
Personalised keepsake: A personalised photo album or scrapbook is a unique and meaningful way to commemorate their graduation.
Graduation Checklist for Parents
As a parent, it’s important to make sure that your son or daughter are ready for prom night. Here’s a quick checklist to help them out:
Outfit and shoes: Make sure your daughter has a dress, your son has proud and smart attire, maybe a nice suit and shoes that fit well to make them feel comfortable and confident.
Hair and makeup: Help them book a professional hairstylist, barber and/or makeup artist or make sure they have everything they need to do it themselves.
Accessories: Don’t forget about accessories like jewellery, tie, a clutch, and/or a hairpin.
Transportation: Most importantly, be relaxed, make sure they have safe and reliable mode of transportation to and from prom night and that they have a great time.
So there you have it Ponteland Prommers!
Remember, prom night is a fun and exciting event, but it’s important to focus on feeling confident and comfortable in your own skin. Don’t be afraid to try new things and express yourself through your style and personality.
With these tips in mind, have fun and make it a night to remember!
And to all our lovely readers in Ponteland, we hope you find this guide helpful for your prom night.
Make sure to tag us in your photos and share your tips and tricks for the big day! #pontprommers
Subscribe for more Tips
We want to stay in touch, as you may know or may not, we do sometimes host events, competitions, share professional tips, guides and have special offers that run through the year.
Sign up for our newsletter to keep connected and informed with our latest services, promotions, and events. We promise not to spam you, and you can unsubscribe at any time.